Friday, January 25, 2013

SIGN UP OPAM 2013

 

If you would like to become an OPAMer….. please have a read….

The idea of the ONE PROJECT A MONTH” is pretty simple ... To try to finish at least ONE craft project by the end of each month. This can be something you’ve had partly done for a while (a Work In Slow Progress WISP), a pattern you bought ages ago that you finally get around to making up, or a completely new project. This is meant to be a low-stress challenge - if you don’t finish a project every month - that’s fine! We understand sometimes life interferes with our plans. We also realise some projects are meant to be long-term and have a LOT of work involved, like a quilt or a cross-stitch. The main aim of the OPAM Challenge is to give us all a bit of a motivational boost and to give us all a big cheer squad to encourage and inspire us.

However, there is quite a bit of time and work involved in running OPAM, so Kris and I have some guidelines we ask people to take note of AND please only sign up if you intend to follow through. If for some reason during the year you decide you don’t wish to remain part of the OPAM Challenge, just drop Kris or me an email to let us know. Please read through all guidelines before you sign up.

1. Participants must have an ACTIVE BLOG. If you change your blog address, drop us an email telling us your old address and what you’ve changed it to. If your blog is already, or you change it, to invitation only, please send Kris and I invitations, or we can’t check your finishes list each month.

2. Numbers won’t be limited for the sign up for OPAM 2013, BUT ... it WILL close on February 1 ... You must sign up before that or miss out on joining in the fun.

3. Participants can sign up via email to Kris or Peg, or via a comment on EITHER blog AS LONG AS it includes all asked for information.

4. Participants MUST provide all info asked for. * Name (first and initial of surname in case of double up names); * Email; * Blog address.

5. Participants MUST have the OPAM Challenge badge on their blog sidebar and link it to either Kris’s or Peg’s blog.

 (a link with instructions will come with your welcome email)

6. Participants MUST keep a list of each month’s finishes on their blog sidebar and update it BEFORE the last day of each month. (This is easiest if you add each project as you finish it.) If you can put this directly under the OPAM badge on your sidebar it will be easier for Peg and Kris to find it. You may also choose to have a separate OPAM 2013 page on your blog. That’s fine too as long as it’s clearly labelled.

7. Only ‘soft’ crafts are included in the OPAM Challenge, ie. Projects made from fabric, thread or wool. Some examples are: embroidery, patchwork, quilting, cross-stitch, knitting, crochet, practical sewing (curtains, clothes etc), long stitch, appliqué.

8. QUILTS: A quilt will only be counted as a finish if it is COMPLETELY finished ... Quilted and bound. Flimsies/tops won’t count as finishes.

9. BOM’s: Blocks that are part of a BOM (Block Of the Month) program will only be counted as a finish when they are joined, quilted and bound. Individual BOM blocks DO NOT count as a finish.

10. If you can email Peg or Kris your list of finishes each month BEFORE the end of the month, this would be appreciated, as it cuts down the amount of time it takes to check finishes for the month. (and save Peg and Kris from getting square eyes!)

11. Lastly, participants MUST ...

After all, the reason we craft and create is to relax, have fun and take some time away from the “Have to” tasks to do the “Like to do” ones! …….

So how does that sound!!!!!!

Hope you will join Kris and I in OPAM 2013…

Bring on OPAM 2013

Peg    

 

51 comments:

  1. Just sent you out an email with all info! Let the fun begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! Not sure if you've still got all of my info from last year - let me know if you need me to resend. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I'm again ;-)
    A portuguese girl!
    http://pontosemno-Sofia.blogspot.com

    Sofia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to participate!!!!

    Kathy S. Earley

    kearley75860 at yahoo dot com

    www.humlequilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping to be able to get lots of things done this year! (Especially after finally getting better from a bout with pneumonia)!!

    Sherry V.
    crazyquiltpatcher AT yahoo DOT com

    www.bookshookssticksetc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Peg. Count me in again please. I'll an email with the info (nothing has changed from previous years). Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you an email right now! Thank you Peg and Kris for organising another motivational year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. E-mail on the way Peg, I still have wayyyy too many projects I want to finish/start and need OPAM to help me. e-mail on the way

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Peg,
    I have really enjoyed having the challenge and a group feel to work towards each month. Even if I have a lean month with few makes (if any sometimes) it is still fun to look and see what else has been made.
    I would like to join up again. Do I need to send my details again?
    Love this.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to Peg and Kris, email with details sent....x

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in again this year peg, I'll e-mail you my info now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Peg, im in again :)

    Pam K
    pamkennison@gmail.com

    pamslittleplace.blogspot.com

    Hugs and thanks for doing this again xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes Peg i'm in again this year. Thanks to you & Kris for hosting again. Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love OPAM. It keeps me motivated each month. Huge thanks to Kris and you for organising it for us. Off to email you nor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Count me in too! I'll send you an email now Peg.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am most definitely IN please Peg! WooHoo for OPAM 2013... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in again. Great start to last year, not a great finish! Oh, well, 2013 is a new start. Lots to finish this year. Will send an email with details.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My first time to sign up n- but I hate missing out on any fun that's happening,
    name: Susan W
    Email: oh2sew@bigpond.net.au
    Blog: http://susans-sewing-space.blogspot.com.au/

    and I'll email it as well - just in case.
    Whooppee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to be a part of OPAM again this year..I will send an email as well..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Would love to be a part of OPAM 2013 - extra incentive to get a long list of ufo's out of the way!!!
    Kerrie B.
    creations.1@hotmail.com
    https://www.channelbankcreations.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  21. Email sent. Thank you Peg and Kris for your hard work and encouragement each month.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Peg - You girls are awesome to be hosting this again, I am definitely keen...... thanks.... Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Peggy i am in too thankyou and Kris again for doing it again,you both do a wonderful job,sending an email now.xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Email just sent! Thanks Peg & Kris x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want to play again! I missed a couple of months last year, but it's great motivation to kkeep finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh yes, I am back in! Will email details xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This will be my first time to join in. Thank you for the reminder and all you do to make it happen. Let the fun begin! debbie

    ReplyDelete
  28. OOhh, I want to play this year, missed it last time. So count me in, I will send and email.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You know I'm there Peg!! *wink*
    You two are AWESOME! mwah
    xox sugary hugs
    wendy :O)
    ooo....email sent separately! xox

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm all set to start. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Here we go again! Sent info to Kris. Thanks for hosting opam again.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Woot Woot!! Let the fun begin....of course I'm joining in for 2013.Thanks Peg and Kris for hosting this again :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like to participated this year again. I sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Peg and Kris: Yep, I'm up for it again;OPAM is the best way I know for keeping on track. I'll send you an email. Cheers, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh yes please love to join in again..

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sounds wonderful Peg...please count me in! Thanks to you and Kris for running OPAM again!

    Dzintra
    dzintrastitcheries@yahoo.com.au
    www.dzintrastitcheries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I will be sending you an email. Can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Count me in again!!
    Polly M.
    pollyporch@aol.com
    www.auntpollysporch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'd love to join in this year please ladies.
    Cathy P
    catherine.purdon@education.tas.gov.au
    www.highlandquilter.blogspot.com.au

    Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sounds terrific would love to join in

    ReplyDelete
  41. Let's the fun begins !! I will join this year !!
    I send you an e-mail Peg .
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'd love to be part of OPAM 2012, Peg. My details are...

    Sue G
    craftthefinalfrontiertoo at gmail dot com

    http://craftthefinalfrontiertoo.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  43. Please Add me in again this year Peg :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Peg. I'd love to join in this year please. My details are

    Helen B
    zipper_hmm@hotmail.com
    www.lemuronastick.blogspot.com

    Thanks so much
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  45. Could I please join, my blog is

    Motherdragon's Musings

    sharoneujones.blogspot.com

    My email address is

    sharoneujones@gmail.com

    Hope this is all ok

    Regards

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hey Peg
    I would love to participate again. All my details are the same as last time. If you would like me to email them through again, just let me know.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  47. I would like to sign up for OPAM 2013 by email. Would you PLEASE reply to my comment so I have a little bit of privacy when I send you my info. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanking you for hosting 2013 too. Sent you an email this morning, glad to join another year.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi Peg,

    I have a quick question. A friend and I planned on making 2 gift quilts for women that help at a retreat we do in February.

    My part of the project was to piece and quilt the quilts --- then my friend is doing the label and binding.

    Can both of these quilts be counted as finishes since I did complete my part of the projects?

    Thank you,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg